GLP-1 is a hormone produced in the small intestine that stimulates insulin sensitivity and inhibits glucagon secretion, thereby lowering blood sugar. Semaglutide is a compounded BioIdentical formulation of GLP-1.
How does Semaglutide work?
Semaglutide is a compounded formulation of GLP-1, glucagon-like peptide, that was approved in 2017 as a treatment for improving glycemic control in patients with Type 2 diabetes. In mid 2021, Semaglutide was approved by the FDA for non-diabetic weight loss.
Studies have demonstrated that Semaglutide reduced appetite, improved control of eating, and reduced food cravings in addition to improved blood sugar levels. The greatest weight loss benefits were observed when Semaglutide was used in combination with lifestyle changes, such as improved diet and consistent exercise.
Cost is $1,500.00 for the program and includes:
- Initial consult with Elaine Kopinga, NP.,CNM or Dr. Mickey Karram
○ During this consultation, the doctor will go over your general health as well as any underlying conditions to determine appropriate candidates for the program. We request to see blood work. If you do not have recent blood work, we will order for you. The provider will decide with you what your individualized dosing regimen will be.
- Review of all completed check in questionnaires and any needed calls or appts to discuss any concerns you may have while on the program.
- Your own vial of Semaglutide which is an 8-12 week supply, depending on your individual dosing.
- Syringes: 12 week supply
- Continued care to control, evaluate and adjust your individual plan for the duration of your program
Subcutaneous Administration: (Injection)
PLEASE NOTE that the dose you are on may be very different from someone else’s. Please only follow the instructions given for your specific program.
The most commonly reported side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, appetite loss and constipation.
For nausea, you will be prescribed an antiemetic such as Zofran. The nausea will resolve as your body adjusts to the treatment.
For constipation, recommended supplements include: magnesium, psyllium fiber and other natural remedies.
Improved Fertility ***
Treatment of PCOS
*REFILLS – you may want to continue the program for 6 – 9 months after your initial vial is empty. We offer our patients a refill at $1,400 per vial.
*NO REFUNDS- Vials are sterile and cannot be returned for any reason so we do not offer refunds.